Monday 7 February 2011

Sleep?

Little bear had another bad night. He came downstairs to sleep with me at midnight. He was, I think, having nightmares and I kept getting up to put the covers back on him.

I need to work on his behaviour at mealtimes. Last night was so bad. Little bear didn't want what was put in front of him, he wanted something as well. My attitude is that if he doesn't want it he goes hungry.

Poor OH, on the other hand, is too stressed by little bear and starts telling him to eat, then getting het up because little bear starts whining... I am sure all mums recognise this. I ended up poaching eggs in the microwave half way through my tea.

As little bear had been stuffing his face with fruit all afternoon, it would not have hurt him to miss tea.

Between the two things I feel flattened. Also I have had an exhausted little bear look at me from dark shadowed eyes saying, 'we're not going anywhere today, are we?' and at some point the dreadful spectre of nursery will rear its head. It is going to be war. As school is only a few months away it is a war I cannot afford to lose.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Maybe try to think of it as gentle persuasion to get LB to do things your way by his own accord, rather than war! If he is anything like the men in my life, you have to put an idea in their heads, leave them to think about it, and a week later they are presenting it to you as their idea that they just thought of! He is a bit young, so he may need ideas....like how exciting school is going to be, etc - and how boring life at home gets the older you are - I found that I hadn't to mention anything I had done during the day that the girls liked to do - only the boring stuff like the washing and ironing - mention that you went shopping and that was a disaster!!

Thanks for the hugs xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Got him to nursery with a careful strategy of 'when we get back from nursery...' If he's like this now, how am I going to cope with a teenager? As I type he is having a marvellous time at nursery and I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Upward and onward! WS x