Saturday 12 February 2011

Little bear has a new hero

Little bear has discovered channel hopping. So he has moved away from (advert free) Disney and Cbeebies to others like Nick Jr and Tiny Pop. He found a programme called Captain Mack.

Dear heaven, what a show. Little bear thinks it is absolutely amazing. He wants to be Captain Mack, he wants to watch Captain Mack and he is driving me nuts.

It is perfectly targeted for little bear's age but honestly, I have never seen anything so saccharine in my life. Not even on a Channel Five afternoon film. If I said that the characters were one dimensional it would give them more credit than they were due. (characters, not actors, who are doing a great job and managing to get the dialogue out without laughing) Little bear is now dashing around, awestruck by his hero and desperate to watch all and any of the shows.

As far as I can see it is quite a new show so therefore very little merchandise. That, I think, is a blessing. Otherwise I would be swamped.

Please let this pass so that we can move on to more complex characters, like the teletubbies.

No comments: