Tuesday 15 February 2011

Shopping sort of stoppin

I feel in the mood to buy things. I am feeling flat, tired and a bit fed up. So...

I look at the yarn on ebay. I think of the mounds that are heaped up all around the house and even the ones that come in at 1p per gramme, including postage, are not really that interesting.

I don't really need any stuff for the kitchen. I could do with some extra trays for the mini electric cooker, which is too small for the main sized tins, but that can wait until I finally get round to measuring up properly.

I had a little potter on Approved Food, but the memory of the overstuffed kitchen was an effective deterrent.

Even a potter on Amazon didn't seem worth it. Little bear has a zillion books and I never get a chance to watch dvds or read books - at least the reading I am doing is catching up on the backlog.

I could do with a new dvd book for little bear. We don't keep the dvds in cases but in one of those huge books. It saves a lot of space. But I want him to be part of the shopping process, as a way of getting him out.

I looked at the grocery order. Darling father will be going home soon (briefly) so no point in buying whiskey. We are over run with pop and don't need much yogurt as I want to be making our own with little bear. We are fully stocked with everything. Veggies? Fruit? I was hoping to go out with little bear as he is putting on weight, finding it tiring to walk far so I want to do lots of little shopping trips to up his activity rate and stamina. Meat? Freezer is well stocked for at least a month. I am barely reaching the minimum order. I am stocked up on the things you stock up on and if it wasn't for a few odds and ends that are heavy to carry I wouldn't bother.

I feel like I am being good despite myself

2 comments:

Ian said...

If you want to get something, get some hiking boots/shoes from Millets. They've got a sale on. I got some really good hiking 'trainers' with a good grip on them for £10. Bargain.

Not that I should be encouraging you of course.

Wannabe Sybil said...

It's okay. I've found the perfect yarn for a stole for my goth mate. I am hanging onto that as a fall back. Planning on cancelling next grocery delivery, it's just not worth it. Sigh.

Hope you are well. WS x