Thursday 3 February 2011

Little bear still needs sleep

It has been a bright and stormy day. I don't know how I am going to sleep through it tonight.

I have been outbid on one moment of madness, just two more moments of madness, fingers crossed! Though I have been shopping on ebay. Little bear has to have sporty fancy dress. He told me 'basketball player'. Darn. So he is going in the England Away strip (edited to add, the tracksuit version, that isn't shorts and thus suitable for our weather) with trainers and I am lying.

As for the trainers, of course he doesn't have any. I am trying to be good. However at the moment I struggle to get him in anything but boots or slippers. He has huge Scooby Doo slippers currently which he won't part with unless he is out of the house. So the expensive, correctly fitted Clark's shoes are not getting the airing they deserve. Mind you, it has been wellie weather so far this year. So I asked his opinion on trainers. His little face lit up. I thought they were teenagers before they got into expensive trainers. Regardless, little bear spent most of the morning complaining that the trainers had not yet materialised around his feet because he needed them to do his exercises NOW. His exercises consist of bouncing up and down and hurtling round like a lunatic with extra points if he can chase evil cat. I am already sick of these dratted trainers and if there is a delay in them arriving I will be driven scattier.

In the afternoon little bear hit a target on his wall chart and I immediately took him into town to get the reward. I think it is a clear indication of how little bear is when he fell asleep on the bus on the way into town - less than ten minutes after getting on the bus and being excited about the trip.

We managed to pick up the toy, thank goodness, and struggled home. Little bear was still tired, and he fell asleep tonight like a shutter falling down. His eyes were closing while I was still singing, and that is unheard of.

I hope to have a long lie in on Sunday - I can't wait!

No comments: