Saturday 19 February 2011

Loving little bear

Ian - it is just something that has amused me in myself. As I am, for the umpteenth time, trying to get him to do something I feel a 'grrr - I could, I could...' what? I couldn't raise a hand to him, couldn't be horrible to him. He is a sweet lad, being four.

Also, years ago, when little bear was about six months, a former neighbour (definitely not one of the ones here now) was saying she was refusing to speak to her eighteen month old because he had been awake - at 11.30pm! She wasn't joking, the child looked so sad. She was giving the toddler the silent treatment. That poor child! She was found guilty of child abuse later. The silent treatment was not the worst bit.

Yesterday little bear didn't want to go to nursery. School is six months off. He is going to nursery. So little bear demanded the potty just as we were leaving and did an Oscar winning performance while producing single drops. So I told him that the later he was for nursery, the longer I would leave him there (his current constant refrain is 'don't leave me too long'). His shocked face was an image I shall treasure as I don't think I will get many of those moments.

I would like to add that I KNOW he loves nursery. I have crept in and he has been having a marvellous time. He loves the stuff there, gets on with other kids, not a problem.

No comments: