Sunday 24 February 2013

Bad mother alert

World book day is looming and last year I was unimpressed by the whole, 'dress up as your favourite character' thing.  Especially as I have trying to get bear into The Wombles.  I may have to revisit that.  We are currently working our way through Horrid Henry, I got a set of 30 books for £25 and they were part of his Christmas/birthday stash.

Bear loves Horrid Henry stories.  He races around and cackles as OH reads (OH reads while I listen with bear, then I sing songs while OH makes bear his evening drink).

Is it very wrong of me to suggest that if there is fancy dress bear goes as Horrid Henry.  As it won't mean actually doing anything except put him in non uniform clothes.  I could probably get away with jeans and a shirt.  Possibly make bear's face look a bit dirty and rumple his hair.  Bear loved the idea.

They may not have the world book day fancy dress after all.  But if they do, I will be ready!

7 comments:

Lesley said...

It sounds like a brilliant idea to me! The easier the better, in my opinion. Thankfully my son's school has cut back on the whole dressing up thing, as parents were getting very competitive.

Wannabe Sybil said...

As long as I don't let bear down, I don't care! The easier the better. WS xxx

ravylesley said...

Sybs just been told very belatedly that the younger two's school is having a WBD event next Thursday and of course Costumes are required.Henrie my youngest is a complete heathen when it comes to books and the best I can do is a Ben10 costume I found on the Tesco website.As for my YD she's going as the cat from Worst Witch and her friend is going to be the Worst Witch herself.Thankfully we have a cat costume in the Halloween costumes so only have to buy one.I really should make the costumes but tbh the schoolyard will be full of Princess and Power Rangers so havent the heart to subject mine to HM costumes

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ravylesley - my take on the matter is to see what dressing up stuff they have, and then tweak to fit a book. btw there are ben10 books out there, bear has a few. WBD is hell for parents. WS xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ravylesley - also, HOW much notice?!!?

ravylesley said...

I know a week just isnt enough notice for making costumes so Tesco it will have to be.On the plus side though we are going away soon and the camp we go to they have a Fancy Dress Competition for the tinies so we can pack the costumes for that

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ravylesley - at least there is a silver lining to it! WS xxx