Monday 25 February 2013

Epic Cat Fail

It's not as funny as some of the stuff on YouTube, but I have just laughed my socks off.

Strawberry appeared at the study window, which is a good eight feet off the ground and takes some work to get there.  She was demanding imperiously that I should let her in.  I wish I could, it is bitter out there, but evil cat would probably not survive any encounter.  Also, Strawberry has always waited until I wasn't around to wallop evil cat, so I daren't risk it.

Strawberry got more and more impatient, more and more imperious, reared up on her rear paws to knock for entrance - and fell off!

I know the plastic garden chair broke her fall because I heard the undignified clatter, so I am confident that she is alright.  She will be washing herself furiously somewhere, getting very cross and pretending it didn't happen.

Evil cat didn't notice anything.  As far as I can see she is almost completely blind now, and completely awkward, and completely frail.  Yesterday she spent the afternoon being gently nudged off my throat.  I would ease her onto the floor, with due care for her old and creaky bones and then realise ten minutes later that she was back.  I lost count of the number of times I removed her.  In her youth there would have been an unceremonious dumping on the floor - or even locking her in the porch out of desperation for peace.  I couldn't do it to her now.

And just when you think she is too old and frail to last another minute, you get the spectacle of her begging from darling father and showing a lot of agility while she is at it, standing on her back paws while hooking a piece of meat from his plate.

I am considering getting the spray gun out again if she carries on.

No comments: