Thursday 21 February 2013

Deliveries have come

I can't wait until I have a functional camera, I will be photographing the veg box.

We have a suspect cabbage (probably frost), lovely parsnips and carrots still with the damp earth on them,  a lovely looking cauliflower, broccoli, runner beans, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes and two swedes.

I hope today I do better than yesterday.  Yesterday I found a stuffed chicken half price - £3.25!  I feel so old as I can't believe the price of meat now.  I cooked it, but though I pierced it with a knife and no juices at all came out, and the skin looked extremely well done, it was pink inside.  I suspect additives in the stuffing more than undercooking, but OH definitely did not want to take the risk.  So we had tinned meat.  Interestingly, I am almost out of tinned meat.  Time to restock in a reasonable fashion.

Then I didn't get all the cooking I wanted to do as bear needed hugs.  So we ended up with chips and mushy peas to go with the tinned meat.  sigh.

Tonight it is lamb burgers from the farm shop, so they are probably lamb, with potatoes in some shape and steamed broccoli and beans as it is a shame if we do not use those up super fresh.

There is also a lettuce.  I plan to cook it.

No comments: