Sunday 17 February 2013

Not a Sunday Roast


What with all my hypochondria I didn't get anything out of the freezer so we had corned beef hash for tea.  It was very nice as well.

Cook a sufficiency of potatoes for the number of people being served (potatoes are more elastic than tins of corned beef) and mash.  Meanwhile finely chop 'some' onion (I had a huge red onion from the veg box) and soften in small quantity of oil and the fat from the corned beef.  Add diced corned beef to the onion with a large dollop of brown sauce (had run out so had to make do with ketchup) and add mash potato.  I also added two large spoonfuls of onion chutney.  The onion chutney has been hanging around since Christmas and looked like it would hang around for ever so it is getting added to various hashes, stews, curries etc.  

It was all very nice and quite frugal.  It's a shame that I am going to be spending a fortune on a new Remoska pan.  I sort of happened this morning, one of those things that happen when you are half asleep and a jug of water and the Remoska pan ended up bouncing across the kitchen floor getting dented.  OH has failed to get it back to fit the heating lid.  

The bright side of that is that I will have an excuse for a Lakeland order, so I'll have to look through all their catalogues.  I may not order much, but I shall very much enjoy looking!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

My Remoska pan has suffered exactly the same fate this week, dented beyond repair....I was thinking of asking them for another one, being a good customer over all these years - surely a pan like that shouldn't dent on a gentle fall - mine even broke its fall on my leg on the way down!
Weird how it happens to both of us the same week...

Wannabe Sybil said...

This is the second pan I have dented beyond recall. Mine just fell off the half sized fridge. Of course, it then bounced, which could have done the damage.

I hope your leg is okay, these things can leave some nasty dents in people! WS xxx