Friday 15 February 2013

Day well spent

Visit to the farm shop - nearly £30, which included lamb chops, sausages, burgers, a few bits of snacks and some bananas.  I am not sure what bananas are doing on a farm shop in Yorkshire, but I needed to pick them up from somewhere and they were there.  I saw a sack of pony carrots, and briefly wondered how they were different from normal carrots.  All in all we had some bits, pieces, odds, ends and five meals worth of meat.

When we got home I had to google how to cook lamb chops, and they turned out fine.  Bear ate all of his, and we had remoska'd sweet potato and parsnip and peas with them.

Then we went to IKEA.  I think we cheated a bit.  We failed to follow the winding path that took us all the way around the store.  Instead we took short cuts to get only what we want.  OH waited in the cafe.  Darling father and I decided within about five minutes of getting to the armchairs which one we would get.  £150 for the armchair, £35 for the bookcase, £15 for the delivery, and a few bits on top.  It could have been a lot worse.

Then darling father had a quick look at the lights, I picked up the garlic crusher I wanted now that we are getting garlic in the veg box, and I also picked up an unplanned egg slicer and a needed but unplanned colander.  OH picked up the code for the bookcase he wanted.  And that was it.

So quite a bit of money was spent, but actually I got quite a bit for it.  And we spent a lot less than we could.    I'll settle for that.

No comments: