Wednesday 27 February 2013

Evil cat finally got me!

I've had plenty of cat scratches in my time.  I was first 'blessed' with a cat on 6 November 1990 and there are times you learn the hard way.

I have come to know and loathe the thin, itchy, sore scratches that meant that the cat in question didn't want to be picked up, thank you so much, not did the creature want to be stroked there, thank you so much.  I have had the network of scratches all over my chest from being used as a combination of cat bed and launching pad.

Malevolent cat managed some serious scratches in her time.  Psychotic cat wasn't too bad, despite his massive talons.  Up until now, however, evil cat hasn't done too much damage.  Normally she would bite and hiss.  The few scratches that bear has picked up along the way have all been hair thin (though some of those type of scratches can really sting).  Even with the untrimmed claws I have just had a bit of a puncture pattern from her habit of climbing up my north face and sleeping across my throat.  However today evil cat scored a serious hit.

I had just had a bath and my legs were bare.  Evil cat jumped down, landed on my leg by accident (blind as a bat), her untrimmed claws sunk in and so for the last ten minutes I have been mopping up running blood.  I am unimpressed.  It has slowed down, obviously, or I wouldn't be typing this, but I have still managed to make a nice pile of blood soaked tissues.

Evil cat is now begging, slowly and creakily, for treats.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

oh dear, hope you 'recover' soon, Rasputin cat did the worst damage to me, he jumped off a high cupboard right onto my face and blacked both eyes ! try convincing people that was what happened ! they thought I'd been in a brawl.
Cats eh ? don't you just love 'em ?

Morgan said...

OUCH! Feel for you xxxx

On the subject of Approved Foods in the last post, I have to say that I was a little disappointed last time I visited - I did a small order but it was quite heavy on the shampoo and toiletries because the food that we would eat just wasn't there. The selection is getting a little too "junky" at present, and I am really hoping that it is just a phase and that the selection will improve. We can get similar prices at a B&M bargain store next door to a Tesco in the town, so I really have to think twice about paying the delivery on AF nowadays, and yesterday's order was the first one since ages before Christmas. I used ROSSPA at Christmas for my Christmas week shop, and was devastated to hear that their service has been stopped.

Hope your leg heals quickly xx