Monday 4 February 2013

Further cat wars

I had been worrying about Strawberry all day.  She has a very dense, outdoor coat and is obviously clued up about where to kip when the weather is hard, but I didn't see her this morning and I worried.

I did see the ginger gentleman, though.  I heard some sounds of warfare and went out as Nice Mr Next Door tried to separate the ginger gentleman and the black tom from down the road.  I saw bits of ginger fur literally flying away from them, and I suspect that there was just as much black fur that I didn't see due to it being a dark background, as the black tom cat was coming a distinct second.

The ginger gentleman had been very wary of me recently as I had chased him off when he attacked Strawberry, but he was gracious enough to yowl his head off to me this afternoon to get me to ring the bell for the flat for him.  Unfortunately they were out.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Strawberry in the kitchen window, so I put some food down for her, and pretended not to notice the ginger gentleman skulking away - he had been about to pounce on Strawberry but I didn't have the energy to chase him.  Actually, in this weather, I'm not surprised there is war.  Cats always go a little crazier when it is windy.

Evil cat saw me feeding Strawberry and immediately went creakily into attack position.  I still can't bring Strawberry in.  Poor old cat.

No comments: