Thursday 14 February 2013

Feline Valentine

OH covered the night shift last night as something interesting is happening to the internet and he stayed off work to oversee.  So it was him, rather than me, that was woken up first thing by the sound of feline romance.  Strawberry has not been neutered and is therefore a bit of a Strawberry tart, and that does lead to gentleman callers, at least male cat callers.  All the gentleman cats that I know have lost their fluffy dice.  The cats that call around a lady cat in heat do not act like gentlemen.

The ginger gentleman has been sticking quite close to Strawberry recently, but I suspect he stayed in during the snow and has not yet been let out.  So this morning's romance was between Strawberry and a black cat, with sort of straggly long fur and a determined expression.  We have nicknamed him Blackberry and I think he belongs to the funeral parlour at the end of the road.  Having an all black cat at a funeral parlour has a sense of style.

Well there were the songs of feline romance, then as Strawberry was trying to follow bear and I as I took him to the doctor's (much better, actually), and Blackberry tried to stop her, there was a bit of a tiff.

I am expecting more of the same.  Evil cat was done a long time ago and I don't think she misses out, but she is not entirely happy about the who yowling an scrapping business outside her window.  She is sulking next to the radiator with an 'old maid' expression.

No comments: