Sunday 28 November 2010

Little bear learns bad habits

I love little bear. He is a happy soul. However he is learning such bad things from me.

First of all he couldn't do things because of his 'bad leg'. This appeared after my torn ankle ligament and it was an intermittent condition that didn't slow him down but was trotted out every time he was asked to do something he didn't want to.

Then there was the poorly tummy. He is so rarely sick, thank goodness, that the last time made a huge impact. So now he regularly demands a 'big bowl' to be sick in. This is especially true if he is trying to prolong his bedtime. I think sometimes it is genuine, but I am usually unfeelingly sceptical.

Now he has a poorly arm which completely prevents him putting rubbish in the bin, and is rather a coincidence that it has appeared when I dislocated my shoulder. Previously it was his bad leg that meant he couldn't manage the two yards to the waste paper bin.

This morning I was getting him dressed and I asked him whether he had slept well. 'No, I had a bad night.' he said mournfully. Grandad's insomnia and Daddy's sleep apnoea here. As far as I can tell he had slept like a log. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. 'I no want anything, I poorly.' he said sadly. Actually he had two bowls of cereal and cheered up remarkably. But I am going to have to be careful what I say in front of him.

No comments: