Friday 26 November 2010

Physio

Physio was okay. Sort of. Mustn't grumble (actually it is compulsory for me to grumble on a regular basis, but not on this occasion).

I actually quite enjoyed the longest spell away from little bear I have had in nearly a fortnight, and a bus ride where I could sit in comfort on the lower deck instead of chasing a giggling little bear up the stairs. I went to a hospital I hadn't visited before which was interesting and thanks to the very clear directions that I had when I rang to make the original appointment I had no problems at all in finding the correct department.

When I got there the people were pleasant and the physio was friendly. The physio carefully put me through my paces and took all the relevant information and - almost unheard of in medicos, she listened to what I said. She also got a little nervous and I think far more alarmed when I nearly passed out - I think I nearly was away, and I am glad she caught me before I fell over.

Afterwards, feeling a little sore and fed up (and woozy) I stopped off for a cup of tea. That was my grumpy bit - I watched it being stirred with a dirty spoon, but decided that the hot water would kill most germs and the antibiotics would probably get the rest. Also the bus stop was a dangerous distance from the yarn shop - less than thirty yards. I just can't think how I came home with two balls of strange pompom wool that I cannot wait to get confused by and some glittery stuff that I had been coveting for some time. This glittery stuff will be ideal to wear in a scarf for OH's works Christmas do and that is of course the only possible reason I somehow ended up bringing it home and casting on a scarf that I had no right to cast on but I did need cheering up.

I am back to physio on 6 Dec. I am not entirely sure that I am looking forward to it, but it won't harm me, especially if I am accidentally lured into the yarn shop.

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I'm sure you deserved a little treat of some yarn after physio.

Ian said...

A well-deserved treat indeed. After I had my wisdom tooth out I bought myself a new digital camera! Well, the old one had conked out and it helped motivate me to go through it.

So treat away. I wonder if you could use those hanging net thingies you see advertised to put kids' toys in to store wool?