Friday 26 November 2010

Operation Clutterbust 5

I have a box of bric a brac waiting to be picked up tomorrow morning. I shall update my box when the stuff actually leaves the house. I don't like to count my chickens.

On the downside there have been no bin collections for several weeks. Here in Leeds, after a bin strike that left bins uncollected for weeks, new rotas have come in which in practice as they try and sort it out mean that bins are uncollected for weeks.

I really enjoyed being able to throw all sorts of stuff on the fire.

On a positive note, we have just come back from a small cottage in Pickering. It really is a tiny cottage, and of course there isn't much clutter. There are a minimal quantity of ornaments, a few things in cupboards and that is it. So we come home to our stuffed house and OH immediately feels like throwing lots of things out. All we need to do is take advantage of the recharge of our batteries and the instinct to minimalise and we can make huge inroads.

However I do feel that part of what we need to do is use stuff up rather than throw things out. I shall work on that next.

1 comment:

Hard up Hester said...

Good luck with more clutterbusting