Thursday 18 November 2010

Looking for faces

Apparently comic artists often use a famous face as a 'reference' for a character, to keep the features constant. I have found that very useful in the past.

With The Forgotten Village and Digging up the Past, it hasn't been like that. I have a really, really strong image of Mike Doyle, but I suspect that it comes from a brief glimpse of an advert for an xbox game. I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but it is very vivid. Karen is quite like this person in looks, with a bit of that, and Darren is definitely almost like someone I worked with twenty years ago.

Last night I saw some of the England game. And suddenly I saw Joel. I had no strong image for him, but last night I saw Gourcuff for France. I know nothing about the man, I had never heard of him before, but his looks are quite close to how I see Joel, except Joel is more a rugby build and a little older. http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/star/pictures-512308-yoann-gourcuff.html

And just think, all this writing gives me license to look at pictures of good looking men. What a hardship!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Not unlike I had been imagining him - definitely with dark hair and good looking!!

Keep up the good work - but be careful with your aches and pains; don't suffer for your craft if you can help it.

Hugs.

Morgan said...

How are you all? Keep warm this chilly weather, and I'm hoping that you are beginning to feel a little better. Take care of yourselves.

Hugs.