Tuesday 2 November 2010

Operation Clutterbust 3

I have gritted my teeth and thrown out the fizzy water. I was the only one in the house ever likely to drink it, and it made me feel sick and gave me a headache. It was only 17p for a 2 litre bottle, but it was so hard to pour the stuff down the drain. I hate the waste. I also threw out some hot chocolate sachets that I had got from Approved Food which were foul.

I have looked carefully at the contents of the tea cupboard. There is the decaffeinated coffee for one guest, a small jar of Nescafe which is slowly setting into stone, some fruit teas and a stash of teabags, even after I threw out the ones that were opened and left.

Right at the back are some boxes of hot chocolate from Whittards, at least three years old. I didn't like the Whittards hot chocolate that much anyway, so they may go.

Of course, if the bins had been taken then I would have more room to chuck stuff. OH did take a lot to the tip at the weekend, but it is still mounting up.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I suppose if you'd really not wanted to waste it, then you could have watered the plants with it or something. But there's really no point in keeping something in the house that makes you ill!

I get a release sometimes from throwing out things. It can be liberating. Then I get someone else complaining, "why did you throw out/get rid of that?" when they've not bothered about something for at least 6 months.