Friday 14 October 2011

Breakfast is a state of mind

Today I had left over apple and ginger crumble for breakfast. I refused to let it go to waste, and as it was homemade, it probably has less sugar in it than normal breakfast cereal, as I cut back seriously on the sugar and used some ginger marmalade that I wanted to use up in the apple.

Part of me says, it is just another meal and fuel for the day, and it probably counts as part of the five a day. But crumble, for breakfast...

Too late to quibble now. It has settled on my stomach like concrete and I am now going to crawl off and read 'Snuff' which has just arrived.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I sometimes eat leftover curry for breakfast. And sometimes I eat crisps and sweets (maltesers make good breakfast food).

This morning I had cheese and bacon toasties. I think anything can be breakfast food as long as it gives you the energy to get hrough the next part of the day (though obviously should be healthier than maltesers!)

Anonymous said...

We should not be bound by our clocks and calendars - eat *nice things* when you want them!

Wannabe Sybil said...

So glad I am not alone! I am working on a healthier start to the day, but perhaps not working very hard. Maltesers sound ideal WS x

Morgan said...

I eat crumble for breakfast all the time! It is too yummy to save for teatimes...pear and ginger crumble is lovely!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - funnily enough, there are pears in my fruit bowl that need using up... And inspiration has been provided - thank you! WS x