Thursday 13 October 2011

Feeling grumpy

I didn't want to go to Makro today, as the weather was yeurk. However darling father really wanted to go, and the buses are impractical, so we got a taxi. Without a tip it is not much more than the minimal bus fare as it isn't too far. The taxi came almost straight away.

I stood in front of it to stop it parking between two huge puddles, so we could get in without swimming. Then I left the door open as I adjusted my seatbelt. I hate it when they off while I am still trying to do my seatbelt up, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, so I leave the door open in the hope they will take the hint and stay until I've got the dratted thing on. I have to do this with OH, because he never waits and while we are bumping over the road it is much harder to fix the seatbelt.

The driver started off with the door open.

Didn't feel happy about that. I would have thought he would have noticed a door wide open, and wasn't quite sure whether he would notice something like a lorry creeping up on the driver's side. Didn't feel happy that I couldn't make the seatbelt stretch and lock - I couldn't get it on. I am not slim, and extremely bosomed, but I have always managed to get a seatbelt on without problems. And it would have been my problem if he was stopped! I was the one doing something illegal, and there was nothing I could do about it - I felt like getting out and walking!

I hate that feeling, when you don't feel safe, or comfortable, but you don't feel you have any right to say 'stop, I don't like this!' I was with darling father who is of the 'don't make a fuss' school. I think that innately that I am of a 'make a massive show of myself and a huge scene' school, but I have been trained. And then the driver complained that he shouldn't have to pick us up at the house but we could have waited at the top of the road. That was met with a lack of enthusiasm. Most of the time I am happy to do that, but once a flood he can come down the road so we don't get drenched in the rain.

I didn't feel sorry when I saw the scratch where he had dinged the door when he had moved off before I had shut the door. My sympathy was entirely absent. And when I phoned for a taxi back I told them why he had the (actually quite minor) scratch. Normally I would have been incredibly apologetic, but I felt so frustrated that I couldn't get the dratted seatbelt on.

The taxi back was without any problem and the driver was lovely. The drivers with this firm are usually really lovely. I just hope that I don't get that awful driver again.

No comments: