Thursday 6 October 2011

Frugal Fail

I bought some handwash. I could stand the stuff that smelled like industrial drain cleaner, but was allegedly basics shower gel, no longer, and I couldn't find any other soapy stuff to stick in the container that wasn't just as dear. I spent £1 on some Palmolive.

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't too bad. And I can cheer myself up that we have had very few takeaways recently, we have been eating home cooked food and been doing fine. I wouldn't say it had been hugely frugal cooking, but I think it could have been worse. I am determined to get there.

Another cheering thought - there is no alcohol on the order coming today, just a few bits that are heavy to carry. That is a nice thought. Though the delivery driver will probably have decided that we are on the wagon and going to AA. I wonder if they do actually notice what is in a delivery? My mad imagination could have a field day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But think how much joy you'll get out of that £1!

Every time you wash your hands you will think "I'm so glad this doesn't smell of drain cleaner".

It'll be a lot of happiness per pound.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Price per squirt - less than a penny. Feeling that your hands haven't been sandblasted by the stuff they put on kids nails to stop them biting - priceless! WSx