Saturday 1 October 2011

Effects of shopping

Today, in the hottest October day so far, I took delivery of two snow shovels and a pair of thingies to put on your shoes to stop you slipping on ice. I shall still totter around like an idiot, but with less skidding.

I also took a delivery of a cookbook - thank you Ian! I shall dive into it! Cookbooks are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me - I possess hundreds, I read hundreds, I cook from, well, umm, possibly half a dozen. Almost certainly from this one, and if I get a go at a really good recipe I shall share.

Still at least in this weather I can get rid of the lolly ices clogging up my freezer. I have just spent an entertaining ten minutes after getting lolly ices for little bear, darling father and the grandson of next door, trying to fit everything back in to the freezer. It has been challenging. Just as I thought I had one box of mince slotted in, a packet of cut price casserole beef would come hurtling out and I would be nervous about bending down to pick it up in case an inexpensive frozen turkey drumstick (the real ones, not the reformed-and-breadcrumbed ones - the real ones with the bone still in make a great soup followed by stir fry the next day) would land on my head like a brick.

According to the weather forecast I need to enjoy the weather while I can. It can't last. And I can't wait from going to grumbling about being too hot to complaining about being too cold.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Glad it finally arrived. I hope you like it. It struck me as the kind of cookbook that you'd actually use the recipes from.