Tuesday 11 October 2011

Holiday coming up

We are away for half term. I am starting to work out what to pack and what needs to be shopped for and what we don't need to get until we get back.

It is a bit peculiar as Halloween is just after half term, and the day after we return little bear will be 'trick or treating' at my sister in law's. There may be sweets. However the costume needs to be sorted out before we go. I don't know whether I need to get sweeties in, as we sometimes get trick or treaters but sometimes we don't.

And I will need to make sure that as much as possible is sorted out for school before we go away. I am usually not fit for purpose the week after we get back, so I don't want to be caught out. Having little bear at school is making me much more determined to keep things organised and to look ahead. Those who already have a child or more than one at school will be used to the near military organisation that it seems to demand, but to me it is like waking up. I was used to thinking like this at work, it is time that I thought like it now.

So, lists of what to take. Lists of what to have organised so that it is ready to go when we get back. Lists of clothes and shopping and also things we can do. I am not anticipating good weather. Trying on clothes, sorting out clothes, getting winter tyres on the car, getting the car emptied before it is packed to the roof.

Tonight I will start making lists with little bear. I think it is a good idea to help him understand what we need to take and do. By our next holiday I think he will be writing the lists for me.

No comments: