Monday 17 October 2011

I am not an early riser

Actually, I don't want to be an early riser. Little bear, however, is, and I have not yet needed my alarm clock for school. This morning he was awake at 5.45am. As due to fretting over things I can't control or change I didn't get to sleep until well after midnight, I was loving, made breakfast, cuddled etc but wasn't bright and breezy.

To my shame, I tried to doze on the chair.

So this meant that when Royal Mail called at 7.15am - in the morning! - I was still in my nightie and had to peer cautiously around the door, shielding the postman from me. Calling with anything at 7.15 in the morning is surely an abuse of this human's rights.

Some people, notably OH's family, are early birds and 7.15 is nothing to them, they prefer that. They have been up for hours and can't see what the fuss is about. Being asleep at 7.15am is a sure sign of moral laxity and turpitude. On the other hand they are usually spark out at 10pm when I am going strong and hitting my creative peak. At the moment I am getting a bit squeezed for sleep. That will change when he is a teenager.

I am considering trying to doze on the chair again

(btw - parcel was a much needed coat from ebay, £21, and I am keeping all crossed that it is warm enough)

No comments: