Thursday 20 December 2012

Always a silver lining

I have to be up early tomorrow, so I went to bed early.  Of course I couldn't get to sleep, isn't that always the way?  My feet were too cold.  I am going to be sorting out those cherry stone heat bags asap to put down the foot of the bed! 

On the bright side it meant I was awake when little bear started grumbling in his sleep so I could go straight up and put the bed clothes back on him.  If he slept anywhere but the extreme edge of the bed it may help them stay on a bit longer.

Now I am turning around what to do for money saving.   I have been here before, I know, but I am slowly getting a little better and a little better.  Housewifery is still a bit sparse, but again, it is getting there.  With the start of the new year I want to start trying to keep to a budget.  I have never managed it in the past. 

By the end of March I need to have £500 spare for the outstanding on the holiday.  By the end of May I need holiday spending money plus £500-600 for a new floor.  It is the ideal time to get the entire ground floor done, and it is a bargain at the price - but I need to have the money together.

I am taking comfort in what has been happening over the last few weeks.  Even though I have been quite poorly, I am getting all sorts done.  It is unnerving.  I am not sure where this energy is coming from, but I will find a use for it! 

And one tiny bit of silver lining.  I hurt my ankle and couldn't make it to the shop, so OH brought in the vegetable sticks that I need to take in for little bear's party tomorrow.  I would have never have chosen to do this, but I was allocated the vegetable sticks in a firm note from the teacher.  I would have always gone for something in a packet.  If I had been popping in to the shop I would have bought the sticks ready prepared and paid the extra.  OH bought in the vegetables loose and in their natural state, thus less expensive.  As they will be eaten tomorrow afternoon I can't quite bear to make them tonight.  So I have to make them tomorrow, which means I have to get up early, which means I could do with getting off here and getting some sleep!

No comments: