Saturday 8 December 2012

It must be cold

Little bear is voluntarily wearing a sweater when it isn't school time.  This means that it must be extremely cold!  Normally I can't get him into a sweater outside school except at gunpoint.  His father is just the same, OH never wears a sweater.  He says he never really registers cold.  With both of them I try and make sure that thick shirts are available (yes, they both prefer shirts to t-shirts and I can't remember the last time I saw OH in a t-shirt). 

Little bear now has a thinnish sweater from M&S bought when we were in there and which cost a fortune.  Little bear helped to choose it, and said that he entirely agreed to wear it and promised that he would consider putting it on if it was cold.  Today he has put it on.  Thank goodness he likes it.  I know in the grand scheme of things it actually wasn't that expensive as although I paid full price I used cut price vouchers and bought it with the sincere wish that it would carry him through until next autumn at least, but I have been used to buying baby clothes and bundles from ebay before all this inflation started.  All the clothes for little bear seem so much money.

He also has a rather iffy fleece Ben10 hoodie which is okay but not for best!  It is also getting a bit snug but I haven't the heart to get rid of it yet as little bear does like it and has been known to wear it voluntarily.  I haven't bothered buying him other sweaters as I thought that they were just going to languish in the bottom of drawers.  If little bear is going to actually wear one, and if this is actually going to be a cold winter rather than this being a blip and then we get a comparative heatwave like we had last year then I need to look out for some new ones.

Actually, now I think of it, I have a half finished sweater to knit for little bear that will probably still fit him if I have a good go at it over the next few weeks.  Also I shall have a quick look at ebay.  

No comments: