Thursday 6 December 2012

Unsuccessful softie

I have had a rigorous morning.  Little bear is off school as his cold has reached epic proportions and we do not have a tv plugged in, darling father was painting the window and I had just finished putting in an order for grocery delivery for darling uncle which had taken some time and the phone on speaker.  I decided to nip out and get darling father's papers. 

I noticed the lady cat again, though I have no idea where her kitten is.  I am calling her the Strawberry Blonde cat, or Strawberry, as she is a sort of pale ginger with white patches.  She is in season and so was very happy to have as many cuddles as I would give.

I am still worried about her.  Her fur is very dense and rough which shows she is living mainly outside at the moment, but she seemed healthy enough.  She was clean, which is always a good sign in cats, and quite alert - actually she was a little bit jumpy.

I managed to coax her a little way towards the house.  She was not coming anywhere near our lovely, gentle, animal loving neighbour as I think she had seen him chase off the ginger gentleman.  And as she seemed okay I didn't think I had much chance of persuading her into our house which was full of paint fumes.  It is also full of evil cat, who while only a small cat certainly fills the whole house.  And evil cat would react vigorously.  Actually evil cat could end up bullied by a younger cat, which would serve her right after the years of abuse she has dished out but I wouldn't want to see it.  However I did put down a large amount of dried cat food for Strawberry, and she tucked in happily.  She seemed hungry and enthusiastic, but she didn't seem desperate. 

When all the paint fumes have gone I may try and get her to at least visit.  I am so worried, she will be with kitten very soon, and the weather doesn't look like it is getting any warmer.  I just hope evil cat will be kind.

No comments: