Tuesday 4 December 2012

Little bear and presents

I am still swinging wildly between thinking that little bear will have too many presents to thinking that he will have too few.  On one hand the poor mite will have both Christmas and birthday to celebrate.  On the other hand, he doesn't actually want that much.  He has crates of cars, piles of figures and last night was making good use of his toy swords when he was playfighting with OH - he is not short of goodies.  How will he learn to appreciate things?  I honestly think he could get nearly 100 books for Christmas and birthday presents.

But then I think - poor mite, this is going to look so thin on the ground and it seems so unfair and he should have lots of presents.  Perhaps there will be a bargain or two in Matalan... and then I am off again.  It does not help that I have totally lost track of goodies ordered for little bear.  They are stashed all over the house!

This morning was a case in point.  First of all there was a knock on the door and a parcel arrived for OH.  I have no idea what is in it.  Then his present arrived with a different carrier, along with the Ben10 lampshade that will be one of little bear's gifts.  The night light has already arrived and the desk lamp is on its way.  They aren't brilliant presents for someone turning six, but I am seriously running out of inspiration.  Then a third carrier arrived with the fourth dehumidifer, to go into the junk room.  Approved Food are calling this afternoon as well. 

There is no room in the recycling bin for all of the cardboard boxes. 

There are twenty one days until Christmas and twenty five days until his birthday.  I can honestly say, with my hand on my heart, I have no idea if I will get him anything else. 

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Less can be more, remember! Don't panic, either, and buy items just for the sake of wanting to give him lots of things.

Hugs xx