Sunday 30 December 2012

Ginger Gentleman Caller

I was just stepping out of the house this morning on my way to pick up darling father's papers when I was faced by the ginger gentleman, the unneutered ginger tom that terrorised the street earlier in the year.  The sleek feline shape with the huge furry dice has now grown into a massive square monster that is as cuddly as a brillo pad.  He saw me and yowled. 

And he yowled, and he yowled, and he yowled.  He gave me a huge mouthful of furry indignation.  I walked slowly towards him.  He backed away in the direction of the flats across the way and carried on with the foghorn style abuse.  Then I remembered.  There was a very nice man who took pity on the Ginger Gentleman and let him in on a regular basis.  I followed the tom across the road, being deafened by a feline who was cross that the world was not as it should.  Then he sat on the step to the flats, glared at me, glared at the door and then glared at the communal intercom.  I buzzed the nice gentleman.  'Hello,' he said, obviously not expecting a ginger delivery.  I explained that there was a cat wanting to come in and he laughed and buzzed the door open. 

After I shut it and had carried on to the newsagents, I thought, this is a cat who has seen a human that normally is hostile (in an effort to protect evil cat) and is never sympathetic and yet has managed to insist that the hostile human does what it wants.  Ginger has probably accumulated about a hundred cat points just by doing that, he is probably zooming ahead in the cat v human stakes.  I will be feeding him tuna next.

And if I ever write a sequel to Cats in the Bible this story will probably be in it. 

No comments: