Tuesday 18 December 2012

Evil cat is worrying me

Last night darling father reminded me that the vet was in two minds whether evil cat would make Christmas.

She is spending a lot of time in the dining room, snuggled on a pile of textiles.  It is handy for the dinner dish, the water dish and the litter tray and is one of the warmest rooms in the house, so good for her.  However now I think about it, I don't think she has been upstairs from the living room for over a week.

She stole from the plate last night, so I was a little reassured, but this morning she didn't beg for food.  It is 11.23am as I type, and as far as I can see she hasn't moved from the textile nest she has constructed.  When I went down to make little bear's breakfast and packed lunch I had a quick look and she gave me a Look, that said, 'do you mind, cat trying to sleep here'.  I didn't put any food down as evil cat thinks that food put down when she isn't looking doesn't count. 

I have just come back from doing the fill dishwasher/empty dehumidifier/make cuppa routine and she is still there, not a hint of 'where's my breakfast, thank you so much?'  It has got to the stage where I actually checked that evil cat was breathing - I got close enough and she was snoring.  I took the risk of putting down her food with her medicine on, and fingers crossed she will wake up and eat. 

I am sure she is alright really, as the glare I got this morning was quite vivid enough.  I just worry. 

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Hugs to Evil Cat -
I'm going through something similar here right now, but I've been told it's definate - my beautiful Carrotcat is on his last days - sigh

Wannabe Sybil said...

So sorry to hear this - sending lots and lots of hugs, and a friendly nose touch from evil cat. WS xxx