Wednesday 26 December 2012

Sale fever

I haven't bothered looking online for sales, as actually there is not a lot I currently want to buy.  As I type, tempting fate and touching wood, we don't actually need anything.  It's a 'let's not save 50%, let's save 100%' situation.

I may look later regarding a toaster.  Darling father brought a toaster with him that is absolutely brilliant with lots of settings and displays and everything.  I make sure it is always unplugged when it is not in use as it must need a lot of power to keep the control panel going.  It has done sterling service, but now is getting a bit feeble.  If you want your toast darker than pale primrose colour then you have to either put the toaster on its highest setting or put the toast in twice.  I may be reduced to the grill.  However the sort of toaster I am likely to get is the cheapo bottom of the range basic one, and they don't get much of a discount in the sales. 

I had planned to go to Matalan as soon as their doors open.  After all, it is really close, so I can just walk there and not worry about parking.  Matalan do a really good range of giftwrap, nice long rolls of robust paper that is really nice to use.  On Boxing Day in the past they have marked it down to £1 per roll, and I have bought armfuls.  It is brilliant stuff, and they have nice shiny stuff that isn't obviously Christmas paper.  I have used their stuff all the year round for weddings, birthdays, Christenings and anniversaries.  I could do with getting another shedload as my last haul is beginning to run out. 

They also usually have racks of summer clothes they are getting rid of.  Little bear will definitely be in their size age six next summer, I could pick up a few bits for him to stash away as well. 

I said firmly to OH that I wanted to be outside Matalan when they opened their doors on Boxing Day.  Then I found that they were opening at 6am.  Regardless, I am not taking little bear there, and no-one else is up, so I shall have to wait.  I do want to go, as darling father won a voucher in a raffle that can be used there. 

I wonder how many people actually did turn up at 6am? 

No comments: