Tuesday 6 August 2013

Bear has his own ways

Last night bear slept on the floor.  I want to be very clear - he slept on the floor next to the nice, clean, warm, soft bed that was made for him.

I did try and heft him onto the bed, but he is a bit too big for me to do that these days, and he was sleepily resistant.  He wouldn't even put his head on the pillow I put on the floor next to him.  I have no idea why, and to be fair I think he just did it because he could.

This morning the first thing he said to me was, and I quote, 'There's a really hard knot in my shoe.'  And good morning to you too, bear.  Actually what I did was mumble something about pass it here and blearily unknotted his laces.  Then we had war about his socks.  Bear and I had significant views about whether he should go to holiday club in odd socks, one saying Wednesday, one saying Friday and the day actually being Tuesday.  He went in plain grey socks, to his disgust.

I suspect he will be better for an early night.

No comments: