Monday 12 August 2013

The Royal Armouries

Please note red socks.

We went to the Royal Armouries yesterday.  I really recommend it, though take your own sandwiches as the expensive food and drink isn't even nice.  We had a marvellous time, we held owls and hawks, saw exhibits and people demonstrating long bows and generally had a good time.

One of the exhibits I love best is the Tower of Steel, a tower filled with patterns of bayonets and muskets and pikes and all sorts.  They have a fancy sort of mirror console that reflects the ceiling so it can see it properly and I used it to take a photo.


When it first opened we had a season ticket and were there all the time.  Now it is free, and awkward to get to.  Once there were plenty of buses or I was more able to walk from the bus station and the parking was free.  Now the parking is expensive, I am yet to build up that amount of tolerance to walking and I haven't worked out the buses which appear to be every other full moon.  However we still go when we can.

This morning I made five separate trips to the Methodists not to mention belting up and down stairs getting rid of a lot of plastic storage boxes.  Most of them were empty or had an inch worth of junk in the bottom.  I have decided that I don't need more storage.  I just need less stuff to store.

1 comment:

ravylesley said...

Sybs been debating the Armouries for a while as its just hop and skip across the Pennines for me but wasnt overly sure whether it was Child friendly enough for mine as I tried them with Imperial War Museum North and they werent best pleased but love MOSI so arent museumphobic.Hubby has a long weekend off this weekend so might just give it a go,whats the parking like?

Lesleyxx