Thursday 15 August 2013

Keeping your eyes open


Today I saw a heron on top of Matalan's roof.  It isn't the picture above.  That's a stock photo from Stock Free Images  It's a bit frustrating.  I have finally got the camera on my phone to work, but it had run out of juice.  I am always surprised to see something like that.  I forget about the beck being 'wildlife'.  DF has seen brown trout in there.  It really does pay to keep your eyes open.  I haven't seen any foxes, but then I haven't seen any rabbits either.  I think Matalan poison the rats.

Today I haven't really nibbled at the elephant.  I've dashed around a fair bit, the chairs have gone, bear has been fed and cuddled.  DF has been fed.  Darling uncle has been called several times.  Now lunch is over I think I shall consider socks.  I also need to consider how I am going to make two chicken breasts feed four (stir fry with lots of onions plus whatever veggies I can find from local shops).

Bear has been lovely today.  I usually only record when he is a Mr Mischief, but today he has been lovely, a real pleasure.  He helped me bring in the shopping.  My instinctive reaction is that a six year old shouldn't be helping lift and carry.  However he helped, lifting litres of milk and all sorts and was really good, so I gave him lots of praise and positive feed back.  He is my darling.

Mind you, the 'red' shirt that I purchased from ebay has turned up and it is very fine red and white stripes.  Bear does not approve of wearing a pink shirt.  This shirt may technically be striped but as far as he is concerned it looks pink.  Bear is being very clear on this.  So I have decided to get a dye and see what fun we can have with that.

No comments: