Thursday 1 August 2013

Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for the really helpful comments.

We are all doing what we can but there is no-one near that can feasibly help.  I do a lot of online shopping for him, others do cooking when they can or decluttering when they can.  Last time something like this happened on the day of the marriage of William and Kate when he was in hospital with a different infection I removed fifteen bags of rubbish from his not very big bathroom.

I'll float the Chester idea.  I'll see what I can work out.  Currently I am the one most able to spend time helping him.

You are right, caring at a distance is horrible.

2 comments:

Angela said...

just a few thoughts - and apologies, because I am probably repeating advice you have already heard from others -the Chester family trip seems sensible.
Can I recommend Tentry Heys as a brilliant B&B with family rooms http://www.tentryheys.co.uk/index.html - we stayed there with our girls and it worked out cheaper than a travelodge for 3 nights. Also they were very understanding about food [my daughter had an eating disorder]
Is there nobody you know in Chester who could pop in on a regular basis to check on uncle? Age Uk have a 'befriending service' and might be able to help, or perhaps one of the local churches have some sort of OAP support scheme.
You are in my thoughts and prayers x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Really, really appreciate this. Darling uncle isn't keen on strangers and is not likely to accept help from a church (arrggghhhhh!) He had a chance to stay with one of my brothers while recovering and he refused as it was out of his comfort zone. I am really grateful about the tip, I will see what I can arrange, if not this weekend (unlikely, DH is in a state with work), then next. Really appreciate the tip about the b&b, that is really helpful. Thank you again. WS xxx