Saturday 3 August 2013

Pity Party

After everything, the drain outside is blocked.  This will mean negotiations with Nice Mr Next Door to fish out the rubbish (drain is shared and open) then calling Yorkshire Water, then I am determined to get a cover for the opening.  The way things are set up Nice Mr Next Door will have to move a shedload of stuff so that we can just get the massive laundry basket lid, tyre and other 'stuff' out.  I don't know when that will happen because he is busy and eg was going to take the old water tank out of the bedroom a few weeks ago.  Possibly less, I am losing track of things.  This will make things interesting when the laundry/heavy rain/dishwasher combo happens next week.

Darling uncle is effectively housebound, and will see the District Nurse on Monday.  Nobody can get there.  There is no-one to sort out getting money out for him.  He could send me a cheque, so I could buy stuff for him, but he has no-one to get a stamp or post a letter.  And he won't do anything about it! 

I'll probably not post much about darling uncle for the next few days.  I have done absolutely all I can except go over, which I suppose I will have to do next weekend but if I can't get a lift then it will be three hours on the expensive train, half hour on bus, several hours heavy lifting, bus/train back (timetable permitting) and two days recovering.  My brothers are not in a position to do much, either.  It is so frustrating.  Darling uncle says, however, he is managing and all will be okay.  I am taking him at his word for the whole afternoon.


2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hugs and prayers! Lesley

Wannabe Sybil said...

Really appreciated and very gratefully received (tho feel a bit undeserving) WS xxx