Thursday 30 July 2009

Boots

I have always called little bear's wellie boots 'boots' to him, because I thought it would be an easier word for him to learn. And learn it he did, because now he is happily stomping around in his 'boo-tssss'. They used to be 'boops' but I think someone in the nursery made him say the words again.

I bought his boops from ebay (of course) £6.47, including delivery with great service (I shall put their name in when I remember to look it up - they have been extremely good) and they were quite simple boops, a sort of blue colour with spots.

Little bear loves his boops. He stomps and stamps and loves them. Of course he heads for puddles at the slightest chance, and he races up and down in them like a champion (of course he also falls over them while wearing them, but he is only two and one half).

Little bear so loves his boops that he will not be parted from them. He wears them all the time, even when he is asleep. I did once try to take them off when he was asleep, but that did not end well.

So I went back to the ebay shop and got an identical pair of boops, except in a camouflage pattern and I had the same great service (must remember to dig their name out) and little bear loves these boops as well. So I am hoping to have sleeping boops and awake boops. You see, even little bears with cute paws will have very stinky boops after a certain amount of time and there is only so much talc can do.

Found the name - outdoor-leisure-direct - purveyors of boops to little bears.

(And do you know, the nursery staff are marvellous - they noticed that little bear had new boots on, and his trousers were over the top of the boots, it was only the foot bit showing, and they complimented little bear on them as well).

No comments: