Tuesday 28 July 2009

Little bear goes to the dentist

Little bear has had his first dental check up. It is a dentist not far from us, and I took little bear in the pushchair, doing the walk easily. Then I realised that like most dentists, this dentist was above a shop. Up this extremely steep flight of steps. Really steep.

Little bear was very good and went up the stairs ahead of me, while I dragged the pushchair (lovely and light, thank goodness) up after. He was quite well behaved while we waited, and he was happy to listen to the Gruffalo's Child as we sat.

The dentist was lovely. He checked little bear's teddy's teeth first, it was so sweet. Little bear co-operated. I think he would have had stickers if there had not been a family of four waiting to go in and it was all getting a bit complicated. Well, all is fine with little bear, and he is going back in six months.

We got lost going home. Now, this is quite an achievement because we only live ten minutes away from the dentist (with pushchair) and we went the most straight forward way there and there was no trouble at all. Regrettably, I thought I would try a different way back. Do you know I had no idea that there were so many side streets and cul de sacs in that area.

Little bear didn't seem to mind anyway.

No comments: