Thursday 16 July 2009

A knock at the door

Most of the posties and delivery persons locally are used to me. I have bought so much on line over the past few years that I am almost on Christmas card terms with them. On the whole, they are used to this daft biddy and take it all in their stride.

Well, today the postie knocked at the door. I did the usual tickle of little bear and shouted, 'There's somebody at the door! There's somebody at the door!' and I continued to chat to little bear as I unlocked the inner door and navigated around little bear. Most of the posties have heard me before, singing and giggling to little bear because there is someone at the door.

I think that this postie was new. I didn't recognise him and the darkly suspicious look and the speed that he shot off at after handing me the parcel made me think that he wasn't used to this sort of behaviour, and that he didn't approve.

Oops.

No comments: