Thursday 9 July 2009

Little bear is brave

We went out yesterday to get a loaf of bread.

Little bear has two teddy bears, which he dangles in approved fashion. He only used to carry one then my sister in law generously donated a duplicate and now he insists on taking two everywhere. When we got to the shop a lovely lady was talking to little bear and asked him for a teddy.

Little bear is very good, but it is a hard thing to be asked for your comfort toy - but he handed it over! I was so proud. Also I smiled at the relief on his little face when she gave it him back, and the glee when he got given the buttons she bought for him. It was so lovely of her.

He got a gingerbread bear from me as well for being good. He was so good and so brave to trust that he would get his toy back. I just melted.

No comments: