Friday 31 July 2009

Natural setting

For various dull reasons I had to hang around without little bear while waiting for dear heart to pick me up. I was next to a small triangle next to a sign saying 'Wildlife Area' which is quite remarkable in an urban zone. It was some distance from my normal area of travel, so I investigated. This did not take long, the area was quite small.

Well, there was a small tunnel made of bent willow branches, some of which had sprouted, and some plants. I couldn't identify all of the plants, but then I couldn't identify a lot of the lager cans either. I noticed some nettles, brambles, dockweed and thistles. There was a hopeful looking oak sapling rather overshadowed by lots of silver birch. I am sure it counts as an 'environment' but I would say that biodiversity was probably slightly less than the odd corners of waste ground and empty warehouses that I have seen. Still, it may well flourish and it's the thought that counts.

No comments: