Wednesday 15 July 2009

Now the yarn is calling me

I bought 4.5kg of wool, as a reward for not spending on ebay for a month. It sounds like a lot, but it could be worse. Probably. You see, it is three lots of 1.5kg of aran weight yarn on cones, with there being a probability of there being some wool in it. It is a sort of dark grey/light grey twist. I plan to make a sweater for darling uncle from it and another blanket (I have been really enjoying knitting the blankets).

Obviously I have to do the sweater first to see how much is left over for the blanket (goodness only knows what I will do with the blankets I am knitting - I shall be snug but squashed under a heap of them). And the pattern came today. It is a really easy pattern, I could just get started right away...

But I have over a kilo of super mega chunky stuff (never again, it's like knitting with the mooring rope of a ship) to finish off before I start the sweater. It will take next to no time, even less if I can tear myself away from the computer, but I want to start now.

I really wish I could get that warm glow from finishing a project that everyone talks about - as it is, all I think of is, 'right, thank goodness, next!'

No comments: