Saturday 4 July 2009

Variation on a theme

This week I do not have a cold. I have a stomach upset which has knocked me almost off my feet. I am (apart from the usual problems associated with a tummy bug) exhausted. And more seriously, my chocolate consumption has been affected.

I am due to see the doctor on Monday, but I don't feel confident that he will take me seriously. After all, little bear will be bringing lots of things home from nursery.

And if little bear's nappies get any squelchier I don't think that I could take him to nursery as they have an extremely strict policy when it comes to sickness and dire rear. He hasn't got a runny tummy, but I don't think his tummy is that happy either. He has probably caught anything from me rather than the other way round.

Darn.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Take care of yourself and be as firm as you can with the doctor! Yes, LB will be bringing bugs home from the nursery but that isn't an excuse for the doctor to take your suffering any the less seriously.

Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon,

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you, Morgan, I will try and be firm with the dr.

The dr is actually brilliant - he is like a huge teddy bear and fantastic with little bear.

He is far better than the dr who suggested that having a coil half in and half out for ten days resulted in... tonsilitis! WS

Morgan said...

Yes, we have had one like that! We took our elder daughter to the doctor because one tonsil keeps swelling up - he asked HER why she thought it was, noticed that she is asthmatic and said that she must be aiming her inhaler at that tonsil! She uses the inhaler very rarely, so we don't agree with him at all, and have to go to another doctor now about it. You wonder how some of them manage to keep their jobs!

Hope you are feeling fitter today!

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - I cannot be surprised at what drs get up to. Some are absolutely marvellous but now and again you get the oddity.

I am feeling much better - I hope it is going okay with your daughter. Have they found a reason? WS