Tuesday 28 July 2009

I worry

When I picked up little bear from nursery on Monday, he was playing on his own in one of the little trundle around cars. I was a bit worried and asked the nursery worker (not sure of title, she is very competent) does little bear play with other children.

He has not had much exposure to other little ones, and I worry if my silliness has hurt him.

The nursery worker said that sometimes little bear watches other children, and sometimes he plays by himself and sometimes he plays with others. Is this normal for two and one half?

He has already had much more chance to play with other little ones than I did before school, and I know dear heart always preferred to amuse himself but I worry. I do know that the nursery will do all that they can to make sure that he develops and grows. They are very good.

3 comments:

J's Mummy said...

Totally normal I'd say. For months at about that age my DS would scream if another child touched him. No reason it was just yet another "phase". Be very proud of LB - he is just a normal toddler. xx

Tryingmybest said...

They're too young to "play with" other children at that age. If they "play alongside" other children, that's fine.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bless you both - the health visitor also confirmed this today.

Little bear seems so much more adjusted than I ever was at that age, I have no idea how he managed it lol. Not through the influence of evil cat!

Seriously, thank you - it really helps. WS