Thursday 9 July 2009

Stopping the Shopping

Another moment of temptation.

Little bear, well, it was an accident. I had cornered him in the spare room - once he reaches the top of the stairs the Benny Hill theme tune starts playing and he is off - and the heavens opened. It was raining really heavily with hail and the street was running like a river. So I opened the window for little bear to see it. He thought it was marvellous! Then he stumbled, grabbed the curtain and pulled the hooks from the rings on the curtain poles, pieces of plastic showering around me.

At the minimum the rings on the curtain pole need to be replaced, or at least thinned. I am sorely tempted to get some more swish track to replace the whole dratted thing. The curtains are embarrassingly elderly anyway. I have more curtains for that room but (embarrassment again) I haven't put them up.

I shall speak to dear heart about what he thinks.

I have a huge internal debate going on - we are likely to be staying in this house for several more years because of an extremely good school (I could cry) So ensuring that something nice goes up seems like a minimum. On the other hand I could probably get away with spending nothing now because when we finally do escape this house then it will be going to a developer (if nothing else due to neighbours' landlord's lack of maintenance) and we may as well save our money until we find somewhere else...

All this debate over a few curtain rings!

No comments: