Saturday 11 July 2009

Shopping!

Today I had gone 31 days without spending any money on ebay...

Okay, 4.5kg of wool, four birthday presents, a collection of Hairy McLary books recommended, a cute rain cape for little bear (he will look adorable, but I got the wrong size, fortunately he can 'grow into it' so he will be totally sick of it by the time it fits), sandals for little bear and two replacement feeding bottles for little bear's night time feed later, and I feel all light headed.

Also the total is scary. It is not unreasonable for what I bought. The wool (if remotely like the advertising) is a complete bargain for a sweater and a blanket. Sandals I will get from ebay though I am obsessively strict about shoes. The presents are not particularly expensive and are for dear heart from me, dear heart from little bear, darling father from little bear and darling brother from little bear.

What it has made me realise is that I need to watch impulse spending. Seeing the total all in one go was a shock but I suspect I could have easily spent twice as much on impulse spending alone.

So now all I need to do is find another target that I want enough to stop me spending on ebay for another month. Hmm.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Have you given in to temptation?

Morgan

Wannabe Sybil said...

Currently on looooong call to darling brother,,,,