Thursday 16 July 2009

Rumblings and bangings

A refresher on where I live. There is a block of houses, four facing one way and four facing another with a shared back wall, so that if you knocked a hole in the kitchen of the house behind you would come out in my bedroom (and I have sometimes thought it was going to happen!).

Well, there was some odd rumblings and bangings this morning, starting before little bear, so I was curious. I am quite confident that it was not the landlord of the property behind us (That Landlord) as he doesn't do repairs, so when little bear and I went out for a walk we somehow found ourselves walking past the houses at the back of us. I just cannot imagine how that happened.

Of the block of eight, five are owned by That Landlord, and I really need to be careful due to libel laws, because I do not like him at all. He does not own our home, Her Three Doors Down or the house behind nice next door neighbours. That was being converted into flats, except that someone contacted the council about planning permission. Allegations and accusations have been flying. Feuds, I suspect, may be continuing. Now, apparently, permission has been granted and work seems to have been restarted.

Well, I hope it is official work because all the cellar has been dug out and the front wall at the bottom is being held up by scaffolding! All I could see was a huge pile of bricks, rubble and dirt and these scaffold poles holding up the house!

I need to check my buildings insurance.

No comments: