Thursday 23 July 2009

Evil cat, evil eye

I was extremely worried about evil cat over the weekend. Poor old lady (not that I am going to say that very often) had lots of gunk in her eye. I keep hoicking the stuff out, but apparently it will continue.

Except on Saturday evening the gunk was a dark shade of pink.

I was really worried because I thought that it meant that there was blood in her eye, and that there was now something seriously wrong. We couldn't get her into the vet on Sunday, and the logistics being what they are, dear heart significantly extended his working day by dropping her off in the morning, leaving her all day and having the consultation when he picked her up in the evening.

He said the poor old cat was trembling when they took her in to the vet.

Well, it seems that the pink/red stuff is just pigment. I need to worry if it is green, not before. We have some new eye drops which evil cat loathes, a vet bill and the knowledge that she now has a scratch on her cornea.

However her kidney and heart function is absolutely excellent. The vet was really pleased with that. I trust all the good work the diet food has done is not now going to be undone by the theft by evil cat of a significant quantity of turkey ham this lunchtime. She is currently sleeping it off.

No comments: