Wednesday 15 July 2009

The postman doesn't ring twice

In my experience the postman doesn't ring twice here, but knocks loudly, usually as little bear is falling asleep. He is lovely though and humours me, knowing that it takes me such a time to find the key, field little bear and open the door. Of course, with my ebay habit all the delivery people round here know me (and the appalling road).

Well, I have sent off for a number of items, and many have now come. However it is so much easier knowing that to the best of my knowledge there is only one delivery now that needs to have the door opened, everything else can be posted through the letter box and I don't need to worry about being in.

It has been odd because for the last month I didn't need to worry about being in for the postie. Now I have to watch that I am in, at least in the mornings. This has been quite inconvenient. At least it is all over in one fell swoop, as it were, and next week we can take advantage of any microsecond of good weather.

I think in future I shall take advantage of this and do a 'postie week' so that I order anything that I need delivering all in one huge and giddy bonanza - then have a week grumbling that I cannot get out - then the rest of the time I can whizz off in all directions. Well, theoretically anyway.

Postie week includes ebay, approved foods, lakeland, clothes shopping etc.

This also means that I cannot as easily buy on impulse if I have to wait until the next postie week. I can spend as long as I like considering whether I really want the cute tin of safety pins (yes, I was strongly tempted by a cute tin of safety pins, I need to really reconsider my attitude) and I am likely to 'get a grip'.

I think that is a good plan.

No comments: