Friday 24 July 2009

Lack of Rumblings and Thumps

I posted on the 16 July that they had knocked a humungous hole in the cellar of the house at the back of Nice Neighbours. Effectively they knocked out all of the wall at the front at that side.

Today is the 24 July and nothing more has happened. I think that he has owned the property for at least two years, and so far has taken lots of things out, with extremely long gaps between spells of demolition. I would consider, however, taking out a wall is not something you can just do and leave. Especially not an external wall held up by scaffolding. On a main road. Opposite a pub. And two doors down from another pub. I mean, really, what people think is a good idea after a few jars is mythic. Added to which it is less than twenty yards from an off licence. Although it must be at least five hundred yards from a shop that sells alcohol to minors.

Last night I smelled smoke. I was extremely nervous and walked around to see which of the empty houses at the back of us might have been torched by bored youngsters who are no longer in school. Fortunately it was just my attempt at baking that I could smell, and that was a relief.

No comments: